What is DegreeWorks?
DegreeWorks is the system of record used to monitor a student’s progress toward his or her degree. DegreeWorks will accurately map each student’s progress toward the selected degree, major, minor, concentration, and/or certificate.
DegreeWorks will replace the Degree Evaluation function provided in students’ WIN accounts to view the students’ audits. DegreeWorks is similar to Degree Evaluation. However, DegreeWorks will provide an easy-to-read worksheet that will help the student see what courses and requirements he or she will still need to complete. In addition, DegreeWorks will present more functions and options for a student to accurately view his or her progress towards his or her degree, major, minor, concentration, and/or certificate.
What are the functions provided in DegreeWorks?
Advisors and Students will be able to:
- View the academic requirements for the students’ major(s) & minor(s)
- Learn the academic requirements for the students’ degree program(s) and see how all completed courses apply to degree requirements
- Identify courses needed to complete their program(s)
- View their cumulative grade-point-average (GPA)
- View transfer credit hours earned
- Calculate a GPA based on their performance for the term
- Create What-If (e.g. “What-If” the student wants to change his or her major) audits/evaluation based on current class history
- Estimate how many semesters it will take to graduate
NOTE: The purpose of DegreeWorks is to assist and facilitate academic advising and track a student’s progress towards his or her degree program(s) and requirements. It is not intended to replace academic advising sessions face-to-face. DegreeWorks is not an official academic transcript; it is an official system of records.