Undergraduate Registration – Fall 2013
Review the Fall Class Schedule on WIN
- Go to WIN and select Virtual Campus.
- Under “Class Registration and Schedule,” select “Register for Classes Using Class Search.”
- Select the term (Fall 2013) and click “Submit.”
- Select at LEAST one subject, then choose “Advanced Search.”
- Select any/all needed criteria, then click “Section Search.”
HOLDS must be cleared prior to Registration Rounds appointment times.
- Check in WIN for any registration holds. All holds must be cleared before Registration Rounds.
- Offices such as Finance & Accounting, ZSR, etc. will NOT be available to remove holds after 5 p.m.
- The Office of the University Registrar staff cannot remove a hold placed by another office.
Advising, PIN’s, and Registration Appointments
- ALL students, including those currently abroad, must contact their advisor(s) between March 18 – 29.
- All students MUST have a PIN to access registration through WIN.
- ONLY an advisor can issue a PIN; the Office of the University Registrar CANNOT issue PIN’s.
- Appointment times and holds are posted on WIN/Virtual Campus/Check Your Holds & Registration Status.
Lower Division Advising and Major/Minor Advising/Registration
- Lower Division students must make an appointment with his/her advisor during this period.
- Students with declared majors and/or minors, including those currently abroad, will be advised and will be registered for classes within the major/minor department between March 18 – 29. Each department governs advising and assignment of registration priorities and most registration procedures during Major/Minor Registration. Automated Waitlisting is not available.
- Registration for non-major/minor courses and for students who have not yet declared a major occurs in two “rounds.”
- Appointment times are assigned between 5:00 p.m. and 8:50 p.m. Monday – Thursday of each of the two weeks.
- Once a student’s appointment time begins, he/she may register throughout the remainder of the round.
- Automated Waitlisting is available, but no more than three waitlisted classes can be carried on a registration schedule at any one time.
University Registrar’s Office will close at 5 p.m. during Registration Rounds, but staff members are available to answer your questions using Google Chat. To contact the University Registrar’s staff between 5 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.:
- Log in to your Wake Forest Gmail account.
- In the left column, scroll down to the “Chat” box.
- Type firstname.lastname@example.org in the Search box.
- Click “Invite to Chat.”
- When email@example.com appears in your chat box, and the status button is green, click to begin your chat session.
- Enter your name and your WFU-ID number, then enter your question.
- If the message “We’re chatting with another student at the moment…” appears, please be patient the wait will not be long.
Round One: Appointments are assigned April 1 – 4 by class
Students with declared majors/minors may register for an additional 4 hours; undeclared students register for up to 8 hours.
Seniors: Monday, April 1
Juniors: Tuesday, April 2
Sophomores: Wednesday, April 3
Freshman: Thursday, April 4
Round One ends on Sunday, April 7 at 11:59 p.m.
Round Two: Appointments are assigned April 8 – 11 with Registration Continuing until June 30
Students may register for up to 17 hours (to exceed 17 hours, students must contact the Office of Academic Advising after classes begin).
Seniors: Monday, April 8
Juniors: Tuesday, April 9
Sophomores: Wednesday, April 10
Freshman: Thursday, April 11
Registration will remain available to continuing students until June 30 at 11:59 p.m. It will open again for continuing students on Monday, August 13 at 9:00 a.m.. An announcement will be made in August with additional continuing registration instructions.