Undergraduate Registration for Spring 2014
Review the Spring 2014 Class Schedule on WIN
· Go to WIN and select Virtual Campus > Class Registration and Schedule > Register for Classes Using Class Search
· Select the term (Spring 2014) and click Submit.
· Select Advanced Search and then select any/all needed criteria. Click Section Search.
Advising, PIN’s, and Registration Appointments
· ALL students, including those currently abroad, must contact their academic advisor(s) between October 21 – November 1.
· All students MUST use a registration PIN to access registration through WIN. PINs are ONLY available from the student’s advisor.
· Rounds registration appointment times and any registration holds are posted on WIN > Virtual Campus > Check Your Holds & Registration Status
Holds must be cleared prior to Registration Rounds appointment times.
· Check in WIN for any registration holds. WIN > Virtual Campus > Check Your Holds & Registration Status
· Offices such as Student Financial Services, ZSR, etc. will NOT be available to remove holds after 5 p.m.
· The University Registrar staff cannot remove a hold placed by another office.
Lower Division Advising and Major/Minor Advising/Registration (October 21 – November 1)
· Lower Division students must make an appointment with his/her advisor during this period.
· Each academic department governs advising, assignment of registration priorities, and the registration into major and/or minor classes during Major/Minor Registration. Students with declared majors and/or minors, including students currently abroad, will be advised and registered for major/minor classes between October 21 and November 1. (WIN registration with automated waitlisting is not available during Major/Minor Registration.)
Regular Registration in Rounds
· Registration for non-major/minor courses and for students who have not yet declared a major/minor occurs in two “rounds.”
· Appointment times are assigned between 5:00 p.m. and 8:50 p.m. Monday – Thursday for each of the two weeks.
· Once a student’s appointment time begins, he/she may register throughout the remainder of the round.
· Automated Waitlisting is available, but a student may carry no more than three waitlisted classes on his/her schedule at any one time.
Seeking assistance from Registrar’s staff members between 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. monday – thursday during rounds.
Use Google Chat between 5 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
· Log in to your WFU Gmail account.
· In the left column, scroll down to the “Chat” box and click on it.
· Type firstname.lastname@example.org in the Search box.
· Click “Invite to Chat.”
· When email@example.com appears in your chat box, and the status button is green, click to begin your chat session.
· Enter your name and your Wake Forest ID #, then enter your question.
· If the message “We’re chatting with another student at the moment…” appears, please be patient as the wait will not be long.
Round One: Appointments assigned November 4 – 7 by class
Students with declared majors/minors may register for an additional 4 credit hours; undeclared students register for up to 8 credit hours.
Seniors (earned at least 87 credits): Monday, 11/4
Juniors (earned at least 55 credits): Tuesday, 11/5
Sophomores (earned at least 25 credits): Wednesday, 11/6
Freshman (earned < 25 credits): Thursday, 11/7
Round One ends on Sunday, November 10 at 11:59 p.m.
Round Two: Appointments assigned November 11 – 14 with Registration Continuing until January 28
Students may register for up to 17 credit hours (Permissions to exceed 17 credit hours, must be obained from the Office of Academic Advising).
Seniors (earned at least 87 credits): Monday, 11/11
Juniors (earned at least 55 credits): Tuesday, 11/12
Sophomores (earned at least 25 credits): Wednesday, 11/13
Freshman (earned < 25 credits): Thursday, 11/14
The first class day for the full-term and the first half-term is Tuesday, January 14. Regular Registration with automated waitlisting remains available until Friday, January 17 at 11:59 p.m. Undergraduates should have completed Spring registration by this date since any adds between January 18 and 28 are limited and by Permission of Instructor (PoI).