Advanced Placement

If you took Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exams while in high school, please be sure to contact the appropriate Testing Service to have an official copy of your score report sent to WFU. For Advanced Placement scores contact the College Board at 888.225.5427 or International Baccalaureate transcript of grades should be requested from IB-North America at 212.696.4464.

Credits awarded for AP/IB scores are posted on the AP-IB page.

Dual Enrollment

Any college-level work done prior to high school graduation must meet the following criteria to be considered for transfer credit:

  1. Not used to meet high school diploma requirements.
  2. Taken at the college or university (not a high school campus).
  3. Taken in competition with a majority of degree candidates of the college or university.
  4. Taught by a regular member of the faculty of the college or university.
  5. Regularly offered at the college or university, not taken on-line, distance or correspondence.
  6. Taken after the beginning of the junior year in high school and yielded a grade of C or better.

Note the Following:

The Wake Forest University departments listed below do NOT accept transfer work from colleges that primarily award associate-level degrees (e.g., community colleges, junior colleges, etc.):

If you meet all the criteria specified above, please submit the following information to:

Office of the University Registrar
Wake Forest University
P.O. Box 7207, 110 Reynolda Hall
Winston-Salem, NC 27109-7207

Please do not submit the information below if you have not met all criteria listed above.

Once the Office of the University Registrar receives the official transcript and both criteria letters, the student will receive follow up communication regarding instructions on how to submit syllabi for all courses eligible for transfer credit consideration.

English Department Policy for First-Year Students Who have College Work

Math Department Policy for First-Year Students Who have College Work

Students are not allowed to exempt divisional core requirements through the Advanced Placement Examination, the College Level Examination Program, the International Baccalaureate, or non-Wake Forest University college courses taken while dually enrolled as a high school student or the summer after high school graduation. However, with department approval, these courses may earn credit towards the hours required for graduation, not exceeding the limit allowed for transfer credit. Students must complete the required core courses while enrolled at Wake Forest.