Undergraduate Registration – Fall 2014
Review the Fall Class Schedule on WIN
- Go to WIN and select Virtual Campus.
- Under “Class Registration and Schedule,” select “Register for Classes Using Class Search.”
- Select the term (Fall 2014) and click “Submit.”
- Select at LEAST one subject, then choose “Advanced Search.”
- Select any/all needed criteria, then click “Section Search.”
HOLDS must be cleared prior to Registration Rounds appointment times.
- Check in WIN for any registration holds. All holds must be cleared before Registration Rounds.
- Offices such as Finance & Accounting, ZSR, etc. will NOT be available to remove holds after 4 p.m.
- The Office of the University Registrar staff cannot remove a hold placed by another office.
Advising, PIN’s, and Registration Appointments
- ALL students, including those currently abroad, must contact their advisor(s) between March 17 – 28.
- All students MUST have a PIN to access registration through WIN.
- ONLY an advisor can issue a PIN; the Office of the University Registrar CANNOT issue PIN’s.
- Appointment times and holds are posted on WIN/Virtual Campus/Check Your Holds & Registration Status.
Lower Division Advising and Major/Minor Advising/Registration
- Lower Division students must make an appointment with his/her advisor during this period.
- Students with declared majors and/or minors, including those currently abroad, will be advised and will be registered for classes within the major/minor department between March 17 – 28. Each department governs advising and assignment of registration priorities and most registration procedures during Major/Minor Registration. Automated Waitlisting is not available.
- Registration for non-major/minor courses and for students who have not yet declared a major occurs in two “rounds.”
- Appointment times are assigned between 5:00 p.m. and 8:50 p.m. Monday – Thursday of each of the two weeks.
- Once a student’s appointment time begins, he/she may register throughout the remainder of the round.
- Automated Waitlisting is available, but no more than three waitlisted classes can be carried on a registration schedule at any one time.
University Registrar’s Office will close at 5 p.m. during Registration Rounds, but staff members are available Monday – Thursday in the evenings to answer your questions using Google Chat. To contact the University Registrar’s staff between 5 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.:
- Log in to your Wake Forest Gmail account.
- In the left column, scroll down to the “Chat” box.
- Type firstname.lastname@example.org in the Search box.
- Click “Invite to Chat.”
- When email@example.com appears in your chat box, and the status button is green, click to begin your chat session.
- Enter your name and your WFU-ID number, then enter your question.
- If the message “We’re chatting with another student at the moment…” appears, please be patient the wait will not be long.
Round One: Appointments are assigned March 31 –April 3 by class
Students with declared majors/minors may register for an additional 4 hours; undeclared students register for up to 8 hours.
Seniors: Monday, March 31
Juniors: Tuesday, April 1
Sophomores: Wednesday, April 2
Freshman: Thursday, April 3
Round One ends on Sunday, April 6 at 11:59 p.m.
Round Two: Appointments are assigned April 7 – 10 with Registration Continuing until mid-June
Students may register for up to 17 hours (to exceed 17 hours, the approval of the Office of Academic Advising is necessary.
Seniors: Monday, April 7
Juniors: Tuesday, April 8
Sophomores: Wednesday, April 9
Freshman: Thursday, April 10
Registration will remain available to continuing students until mid-June. It will open again for continuing students in mid-August after new students have completed their Fall registrations. An announcement will be made in June and August with additional continuing registration information and instructions.
Taking more than 17 hrs requires special permission. You must complete the special permission request form in order to register for more than 17 hrs. Permission of the instructor, your adviser, and the Dean (from the Office of Academic Advising ) are required to complete the form.
Only juniors and seniors may elect to register in the Pass/Fail mode. Instructor AND adviser permission is required at all times. To change from graded to pass/fail, students should register for the course as usual then bring a signed pass/fail form to the Registrar’s Office. Changes cannot be processed on WIN. In no case may a student change from graded to pass/fail, or from pass/fail to graded after the last day to add a course.
AUDITING A COURSE:
A course can be changed to audit only on the first day of classes. A completed special request form with the instructor’s signature must be brought to the Office of the University Registrar on the first day of classes in order to change to audit mode.
Individuals who are not current degree seeking students must complete an audit form after registration is over for new students and take it to the Registrar’s Office (Room 110 Reynolda Hall). Auditors may not register online.
Remember you must clear all HOLDS before you can register for classes. Please see the department that placed the hold on your account.